Growing up, both of parents were cooks. Dad was the grill master and he taught me to cook in my teens. I cannot grill without thinking of Dad. So in honor of Daddy and Hank, I am honoring both with the best steak money will buy, Filet Mignon.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees - Place a 10- to 12-inch cast-iron skillet in oven while pre-heating.
Remove your steaks from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you plan to cook them. Pat them dry with a paper towel and brush the steaks lightly with olive oil and lightly coat with salt.
When the oven is preheated, remove pan from oven and place on range over high heat. Cook the steaks for 2 minutes on one side without moving. Turn to cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Place the pan in it into the oven for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness of steaks and how you want it cooked. With filet mignon, I strongly suggest nothing higher than medium rare.
Rare - 120 degrees F Medium Rare - 125 degrees F Medium - 130 degrees F
After your steaks are have a nice crust to them and hit your desired temp, remove from the pan and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let them rest 5-10 minutes before serving, meanwhile cook whichever veggie you are pairing it with.Voila! Perfectly cooked steak!
Check out what the rest of the #SundaySupper Family cooked up for Fathers Day
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad - Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Crackers by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite