my first 5K. It's incredible to see how far we have both come in the past few years and I was honored to cross the finish line with her.
The Pavement Princess) and I quickly realized that running 26.2 with friends is far more entertaining that running alone. There are some downfalls - when someone has to use the bathroom when you don't, or when you want to walk an extra minute on intervals while the other doesn't. Those things aside, it was great running with these ladies!
2014 NYC Marathon in under 6 hours with hardly any training. Meanwhile, I was trained for this one and we finished at 6:40, 8 minutes off of my 2014 Dopey Challenge time (where I stopped for nearly EVERY photo). I don't understand the timing but I am still proud and was honored to cross that finish line, with my best friend, champagne in hand.
Things learned at Marathon #4
- Running a marathon with friends is fun
- Champagne makes everything better
- If rain is in the forecast, wear a hat (thanks ASICS!)
- Minnie Mouse Polka Dot KT tape is the best invention ever
- If your shirt says "I Run For Wine", get ready for EVERYONE to respond, I do too!
- Don't yell at other runners when they are mean. You don't know what they are going through
- Even if you are slower than expected, know that only 4% of the population can call themselves marathoners.