This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #yougottabekittenme #CollectiveBias
Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze. For years, we have been loyal Fresh Step customers. This particular litter is amazing because it is not dusty whatsoever, has odor controlling power of Febreeze and has Borate Technology for ammonia control, inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
How to Cat Litter Box Area in a Small Living Space
Purchase a litter box holder that looks like furniture.
- There are many on the market in various price ranges
- This will help camouflage the litter area that has to be in living spaces
- Find something that matches your current decor in the area you are putting the cat litter box
Find a place to store the cat litter.
- Standing cabinets are great for this if you don't have the space
- Find something with coordinating pieces
- Doors to hide the contents will help it look cleaner
Use a cat litter that has great odor control power
- Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze offers Borate Technology for ammonia control which is the best I've found over the years
Use storage space for the cat's items
- Lint brushes
- Flea Control
- Extra toys
Be sure to change the litter box frequently
- This helps with your cat's health
- No one wants a stinky cat litter box (you, your guests or your cat)
- Fresh Cut flowers are a cheap, great item to brighten up the small space. Just be sure not to get flowers cats are allergic to!
- Find framed art of cats (mine has a twin of Boo and a wine glass!)
- If your Cat has a common name, find art showcasing it. I got a Halloween decoration on clearance which works perfectly for us. My friends Dog is named Emma and she is always finding stuff for her room.
I was given the opportunity to give $100 to an animal charity of my choice from Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze. I didn't have to think twice about who it would go to. Back in 2012, we rescued a dog off of one of the busiest interstates in Florida (I4). The dog was cowering in the middle of a 4 lane highway where cars go 80 mph. We were able to get her to the side of the interstate and into our car safely. After finding what we thought was a no kill shelter, I called to check on her the following day only to find out she'd be euthanized within 72 hours due to being a Pit Bull and having an eye infection. I took to the power of social media, contacted local news outlets and ended up getting her rescued. Pet Pal Animal Shelter saved the day. You can read the whole story here. I have been grateful to Pet Pal from that day because without them, this doggy didn't have a chance. They even raised money to get her surgery so she would be adopted and find a permanent home. They work with animals of all kinds, not just dogs and cats!
Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze. It keeps us from having to go to the store frequently. Plus it has an easy handle so you won't break your back lifting nearly 50lbs of cat litter. We found this at Sam's Club in Tampa, and it is on sale this month in the May Instant Savings Book - $3.50 off at Sam’s Club 5/11-6/5.
Hopefully within the next few months, Boo will have his own room again. On top of traveling non-stop for work, we are also house shopping! Keep your fingers crossed. However, the cabinet will come with us as this is the first time I ever built something on my own.