|Meg and Momma at Disney, 2012|
I selected a restaurant who is not known for brunch and only host brunch a few times a year. The main reason for this is that I have never had a bad meal there and it is one of the few places I suggest to friends, family and strangers when are visiting Tampa. I knew without a doubt that my parents would be impressed and that service would be spot on. During our fabulous brunch, we had a chance to chat with Pelagia's Executive Chef Andrew Basch, who informed me that they would be hosting a Mothers Day and Fathers Day brunch this year as well.
|Carving Stations Top - Prime Rib Bottom - Turkey and Ham|
During our Easter brunch, we enjoyed everything from signature pasta, ham, gulf oysters, flat breads, stone crab, baked salmon, waldorf salad and much much more. I ate more food than I could ever imagine and was full the next day. Check out what I feasted on:
|My four plates of food!!!!|
Here are more signature items available for Mothers Day Brunch at Pelagia Trattoria!
- Make-Mom-a-Pancake station until 5 p.m.
- Omelet and egg station until 3 p.m.
- Pasta station from 3 p.m.
- Carving station with oven-roasted turkey, prime rib with Pelagia rub and fruit-stuffed pork loin
- Chilled seafood selection of lemon-poached shrimp, crab claw and Gulf oysters
- Cold buffet featuring Caesar salad, organic greens, poached pears with spinach, blue cheese and candied nuts, tortellini salad with grilled vegetables, tandoori chicken salad, Asian slaw with rock shrimp and more
- Hot buffet with Applewood smoked bacon and pork sausage, traditional Eggs Benedict, Pelagia crab cakes, sauteed vegetables, assorted pizzas (from 3 p.m.), Cajun grilled salmon with fruit salsa and more.
- Platters filled with fresh fruits, sliced Italian meats, assorted cheeses, breads, pastries and spreads and smoked salmon
- Display of cakes, pies and miniature desserts