I am beyond excited for this race. My very first 5K was during Princess weekend in 2012. I would have ran the Princess Half Marathon in 2013 but we opted to go on a race-cation to New Orleans instead. On February 23, 2014, I will officially be a princess, crown and all.
During early registration, I had to select which princess was my favorite. How does a girl choose! I consulted the Princess expert, my 3 year old, Disney obsessed Niece Hailey. Looks like I am going to be Aurora - AKA Sleeping Beauty, straight from the princesses mouth.
|photo rights runDisney|
- Cinderella Royal Family 5K
- Disney Princess Enchanted 10K
- Disney Princess Half Marathon
- Disney Glass Slipper Challenge (the completion of both the Disney Princess Enchanted 10K and the Disney Princess Half Marathon)
All year long, runDisney has been stating that they are listening to their fans. They are looking to improve your race experience. With that said, look for the following changes:
- 2,000 less runners - runDisney is lowering weekend capacity by 2,000 runners, mostly in the half marathon
- Proof of time required from runners anticipating a finish time of 3:15 or less for proper corral placement
- More corrals allowing runners with similar abilities to be grouped together and therefore spreading out the field on the course
- No corral changes based on proof of time will be made after December 1, 2013
- A three-day long Disney’s Fit For A Princess Expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
|2014 Special Edition Coast to Coast medal|
Good news to those who want to run Tinkerbell in 2014 - you can register early by adding it to your Princess order. You will also get the beautiful limited edition pink Coast to Coast medal shown above (Coast-to-Coast: completing a half marathon or longer at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland in one calendar year). Unfortunately that pink beauty will not be added to my collection since Tinkerbell is the week following Dopey Challenge. My poor feet may need a break after 49.6 miles.
So am I crazy? Hell yes I am crazy but at least I admit it - just take a look at my race calendar over the next 7 months. But I will have awesome memories to go along with an amazing medal collection. Thanks Mom for paying 1/2 my registration as an early Birthday present!!! xoxoxo