This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
Although I lead an active and healthy lifestyle, I do like to indulge from time to time. I have a weakness for food that most fitness bloggers would shy away from. One of my weaknesses in life is Pizza; I seriously could eat it daily (and we did just that on our honeymoon in Italy!). However, eating pizza everyday is not a good idea for anyone. I came across a recipe on pinterest a while back and used it for inspiration to make Hormel Pepperoni Zucchini Boats!
3 small zucchini cut in half, lengthwise so they lay flat.
1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Hormel Pepperoni Mini's
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Hollow out Zucchini to remove the seeds (this gives you the "boat")
3. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil lightly over hollowed out zucchini
5. Place about a tablespoon of pizza sauce in each of the boats
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese then with Parmesan cheese.
7. Top each with Hormel Pepperoni mini's
8. Bake 15 minutes.
Click here for the coupon.