One of my favorite things to eat at a picnic is buffalo wings but I hate when they get cold. I cannot stand cold fried chicken (or cold pizza for that matter). When I first tried Pretzel Crisps new Buffalo Wing flavor, I knew I wanted to make something with it. My first attempt was baked fried chicken with the pretzels instead of bread crumbs. It was good, but not what I was looking for. Then it hit me - buffalo chicken meatballs!
Preheat oven to 450
3/4 cup finely ground Pretzel Crisps Buffalo Wing
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/3 cup hot sauce
1 pound ground chicken, I used chicken breast
1 large egg
1 stalk celery minced
- Finely grind up the pretzels in a food processor or blender. Set aside.
- Melt the butter on med-low heat and add the hot sauce. Stir well and set aside to cool.
- Add the chicken, egg, celery, pretzels and hot sauce mixture in a large bowl.
- Mix and roll into medium size meatballs.
- Lightly coat a baking pan with vegetable spray. Place meatballs on the pan and lightly coat their top with the vegetable spray.
Bake for 15 minutes, flip with a metal spatula and bake for 10 additional minutes. Serve with ranch and celery. I was out of ranch and needed something to dip them in, so I used honey Greek yogurt, which was VERY good as odd as it sounds. You can top the meatballs with additional buffalo wing sauce if needed (mine were spicy enough without).
I will be making these again!
What do you like to eat at 4th of July festivities?