Boy was I wrong. Having a first look was by far one of the best decisions we made on our wedding. I strongly encourage any brides to be to have a first look. Here are my top 5 reasons why a first look is a great idea.
- You have intimate photos of the first time you see each other
- It's just the two of you and your photographer(s) - it felt like the calmness before the storm
- You can have your family photos directly after the first look, allowing more time to spend with guests at the reception
- You have less of a chance of crying at the ceremony
- You can enjoy cocktail hour with your guests vs. taking wedding portraits.
The girls and I had just gotten back from getting our hair and makeup done while the guys were downstairs doing their photos. I was instructed to go on the balcony/veranda of our suite at Hotel Mazarin because Gabe was on his way up. I was SO SO SO nervous. Here was the first times we saw each other......