This recipe came all the way from Sweden and passed down from generation to generation. It is authentic and very easy to make. You will most likely find that most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen. If you have kids or grandchildren, have them help you out making the tiny meatballs. It was one of my cherished memories of my Nanny. I had so much fun helping her in the kitchen growing up.
This recipe is a 5 star recipe on my Just a Pinch Recipe page and has been family approved and tested. I know if my Nanny was alive today, she would be very honored.
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 c yellow onion
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
3/4 c bread crumbs (plain flavor)
1/4 c salted butter
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp pepper
2 c boiling water
3/4 c heavy whipping cream
1 beef boullion cube
1. Combine all ingredients EXCEPT BUTTER for meatballs and make into tiny meatballs
2. Brown meatballs in butter
3. While meatballs are cooking, combine all ingredients for gravy on medium heat
4. Combine the meatballs and the sauce, simmer on low for 40 minutes
5. Serve as an appetizer or over egg noodles for a main entree
Check out the fantastic party smorgasbord my Sunday Supper family has provided for you!
Holiday Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
We’d also love to feature your recipe for holiday parties on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.